Monday, March 29, 2010

Strawberry breakthrough!!

So this is what they had for ate for the day...

Breakfast:



  1. oatmeal (recipe follows and packed with protein and omega 3 and 6)
  2. watermelon

Snack:

  1. strawberries and bananas (Kai ate the strawberries with raw agave nectar (t_t). I'm okay with that, he used to not touch them at all.

Lunch:

  1. celery with raw almond butter and raisins
  2. pineapple
  3. green beans

Dinner

  1. grapes
  2. raw sugar snap peas
  3. raw cashews

Snack

  1. 1/2 cup applesauce

They drank almond milk and lots and lots of water!!

So they are super happy with all the food. You know what...I'm going to enter this all in and see what the calories and protein and vitamins they had for the day.

OATMEAL RECIPE!!!

1 banana

2 apples with skin

1 tbs soaked for one hour flax seed

4 tbs hemp hearts (love it...gives it a buttery flavor)

1/4c water

Put in a food processor and voila....done. It has an oatmeal consistency with a buttery flavor...kind of like grits. You can add cinnamon but my son won't eat it if it's in there. Boo!! I love cinnamon!!


So for all those naysayers..that being vegan and raw are horrible for children. Here's their nutritional info.

















































For a child 2-3
Protein (g)1323
Iron (mg)77.3
Calcium (mg)500512 w/supplement
Vitamin A (IU)10001819
Vitamin C (mg)15148
Fiber (g)14-1925
Sodium (mg)1000-150072
Cholesterol (mg)3000
Total Fat(mg)33-5424
ISaturated Fat (g)12-164
Total Calories 1000-140001047


Bite on that chicken nugget people!!!
This took forever to do. So, I'm not doing one for my son. What I can say is that he did just turn four. He ate a little more than my daughter, there was an extra banana (he was craving them today) and he ate more watermelon and more cashews. So he did fine as well

1 comment:

  1. Having issues with the chart...I'll have to figure it out some other time...(t_t)

    ReplyDelete