So, I went out of town. I had to leave the kids with my parents, it was a company thing for my husband. Three days in Las Vegas. I have to say, I didn't really have a good time. Seriously, the grossest food I've ever had to eat.
Anyway, I couldn't get from my mom exactly what they ate. What I did notice is that my son, Kai had really dark circles under his eyes and my daughter, 2 yrs old, broke out into pimples and her eczema is back...UGH!!!
When I arrived my son had a huge ice cream cone in one hand..guess what they had for dinner...a peanut butter sandwich with ice cream cake for dessert! Seriously?? Also, the day before, Saturday, my parents let them have not one, but two lollipops, because they ask so nicely. I mean, of course they asked nicely, they wanted more high fructose corn syrup with artificial death flavorings!!!! Plus, these kids aren't being raised by a pack of wolves, at 32 I still say yes ma'am, no ma'am...so my kids are going to as well.
Anyway, I just feel like they were ruined for three days. OH MY...then my mother, who I adore and is almost...almost on the same page as me proceeds to tell me, "well, you know, they really like those chocolate cereal crisps I give them, and the chocolate almond milk, oh and those chocolate peanut butter cereal balls." I'm like, "yes, because it's all chocolate, it might be organic and gluten free, but it's still freakin' chocolate sugary death."
Then my son looks at me, with his blackened eyes..."mmmm...I love chocolate." I'm sure you do my love, I'm sure you do.
So, square one. Again.
Minor set back, but it's all good. I can't expect people to care for my children like I do, it's not fair to them and it's not fair to my children. So, I just let it go...you have to...you just do.
Anyway, tomorrow is a new day.
LOL! Oh my goodness... I just found your blog through Raw Food Rehab. I know you haven't posted for about a month, but these posts are SO AWESOME!!! I am not a mother, but we are thinking about trying soon--and these struggles sound like my worst fears! I can't tell you how in love with this blog I am! hah! I hope you continue blogging about your raw babies and the struggles/frustrations/funny situations/etc. you encounter.
ReplyDeleteAnd while I know the chocolate thing was probably very frustrating, your description of your son and his "blackened eyes" zombie-telilng you how much he loves chocolate was really, really funny.